Plan, direct, or coordinate one or more administrative services of an organization, such as records and information management, mail distribution, facilities planning and maintenance, custodial operations, and other office support services.
- Administrative Analyst
- Administrative Coordinator
- Administrative Director
- Administrative Manager
- Administrative Officer
- Administrative Services Manager
- Administrative Specialist
- Assisted Living Administrator
- Building Manager
- Plan, administer, and control budgets for contracts, equipment, and supplies.
- Hire and terminate clerical and administrative personnel.
- Direct or coordinate the supportive services department of a business, agency, or organization.
- Monitor the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well-maintained.
- Oversee construction and renovation projects to improve efficiency and to ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with government regulations.
- Prepare and review operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Set goals and deadlines for the department.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Acquire, distribute and store supplies.
- Analyze internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Achievement in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $97,460 with most people making between $60,030 and $141,870
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,161 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 73 openings due to growth and about 217 replacement openings for approximately 290 total annual openings.
- Transportation Managers
- Lodging Managers
- Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
- Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
- Sales Agents, Financial Services
- Brokerage Clerks