Manage operations at geothermal power generation facilities. Maintain and monitor geothermal plant equipment for efficient and safe plant operations.
- Supervise employees in geothermal power plants or well fields.
- Oversee geothermal plant operations, maintenance, and repairs to ensure compliance with applicable standards or regulations.
- Prepare environmental permit applications or compliance reports.
- Negotiate interconnection agreements with other utilities.
- Communicate geothermal plant conditions to employees.
- Identify and evaluate equipment, procedural, or conditional inefficiencies involving geothermal plant systems.
- Perform or direct the performance of preventative maintenance on geothermal plant equipment.
- Inspect geothermal plant or injection well fields to verify proper equipment operations.
- Develop or manage budgets for geothermal operations.
- Obtain permits for constructing, upgrading, or operating geothermal power plants.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Working Conditions and Recognition in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $106,100 with most people making between $60,660 and $155,290
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 740 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 50 openings due to growth and about 210 replacement openings for approximately 260 total annual openings.