Manage operations at hydroelectric power generation facilities. Maintain and monitor hydroelectric plant equipment for efficient and safe plant operations.
- Chief Hydroelectric Station Operator
- Demand Generation Manager
- Facility Manager
- Generation Manager
- Hydroelectric Plant Power Generation Engineer
- Hydroelectric Production Manager
- Hydroelectric Station Chief
- Hydro Generation Manager
- Hydro Generation Supervisor
- Hydro Plant Site Manager
- Direct operations, maintenance, or repair of hydroelectric power facilities.
- Identify and communicate power system emergencies.
- Maintain records of hydroelectric facility operations, maintenance, or repairs.
- Perform or direct preventive or corrective containment or cleanup to protect the environment.
- Monitor or inspect hydroelectric equipment, such as hydro-turbines, generators, or control systems.
- Supervise or monitor hydroelectric facility operations to ensure that generation or mechanical equipment conform to applicable regulations or standards.
- Inspect hydroelectric facilities, including switchyards, control houses, or relay houses, for normal operation or adherence to safety standards.
- Plan or coordinate hydroelectric production operations to meet customer requirements.
- Check hydroelectric operations for compliance with prescribed operating limits, such as loads, voltages, temperatures, lines, or equipment.
- Operate energized high- or low-voltage hydroelectric power transmission system substations, according to procedures and safety requirements.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Working Conditions and Recognition in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $106,100 with most people making between $60,660 and $155,290
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 740 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 50 openings due to growth and about 210 replacement openings for approximately 260 total annual openings.