Plan, direct, or coordinate the management or operation of farms, ranches, greenhouses, aquacultural operations, nurseries, timber tracts, or other agricultural establishments. May hire, train, or supervise farm workers or contract for services to carry out the day-to-day activities of the managed operation. May engage in or supervise planting, cultivating, harvesting, financial, or marketing activities.
- Accredited Farm Manager (AFM)
- Agricultural Crop Farm Manager
- Agriculture Manager
- Animal Husbandry Manager
- Assistant Farm Operations Manager
- Barn and Property Manager
- Beef Farmer
- Operate or oversee the operations of dairy farms that produce bulk milk.
- Inspect orchards or fields to determine crop maturity or condition or to detect disease or insect infestation.
- Direct crop production operations, such as planning, tilling, planting, fertilizing, cultivating, spraying, or harvesting.
- Monitor activities such as irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, milking, breeding, or grading to ensure adherence to safety regulations or standards.
- Plan crop activities based on factors such as crop maturity or weather conditions.
- Maintain financial, operational, production, or employment records for farms or ranches.
- Direct the breeding or raising of stock, such as cattle, poultry, or honeybees, using recognized breeding practices to ensure stock improvement.
- Obtain financing necessary for purchases of machinery, land, supplies, or livestock.
- Inspect farm or ranch equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Plan and direct development or production of hardier or higher-yield hybrid plant varieties.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ERC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Realistic and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Independence and Recognition in their jobs.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $54,750 with most people making between $42,950 and $79,770
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 402 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be 314 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 6 openings due to growth and about -6 replacement openings for approximately 0 total annual openings.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation