Coordinate day-to-day operations of distance learning programs and schedule courses.
- Chief Learning Officer
- Coordinator of Online Programs
- Development Coordinator
- Director of Distance Learning
- Distance Education Coordinator
- Distance Education Development Coordinator
- Distance Education Director
- Distance Education Faculty Liaison
- Distance Learning Administrator
- Distance Learning Coordinator
- Communicate to faculty, students, or other users availability of, or changes to, distance learning courses or materials, programs, services, or applications.
- Develop distance learning program goals or plans, including equipment replacement, quality assurance, or course offering plans.
- Supervise distance learning support staff.
- Assess distance-learning technological or educational needs and goals.
- Train instructors and distance learning staff in the use or support of distance learning applications, such as course management software.
- Prepare and manage distance learning program budgets.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with distance learning equipment or applications.
- Prepare reports summarizing distance learning statistical data or describing distance learning program objectives and accomplishments.
- Analyze data to assess distance learning program status or to inform decisions for distance learning programs.
- Create and maintain web sites or databases that support distance learning programs.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Most of these occupations require graduate school. For example, they may require a master's degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. (law degree).
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $86,320 with most people making between $49,050 and $109,920
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 43 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 3 openings due to growth and about 13 replacement openings for approximately 16 total annual openings.