Manage or coordinate fitness and wellness programs and services. Manage and train staff of wellness specialists, health educators, or fitness instructors.
- Campus Wellness Coordinator
- Certified Wellness Program Coordinator
- Certified Wellness Program Manager
- Chief Wellness Officer
- City Wellness Coordinator
- Corporate Fitness Program Coordinator
- Corporate Wellness Coordinator
- County Public Health Wellness Coordinator
- Employee Assistance Program Wellness Coordinator
- Employee Wellness/Fitness Coordinator
- Manage or oversee fitness or recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
- Provide individual support or counseling in general wellness or nutrition.
- Supervise fitness or wellness specialists, such as fitness instructors, nutritionists, or health educators.
- Conduct needs assessments or surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Develop or coordinate fitness and wellness programs or services.
- Prepare or implement budgets and strategic, operational, purchasing, or maintenance plans.
- Maintain wellness- and fitness-related schedules, records, or reports.
- Track cost-containment strategies and programs to evaluate effectiveness.
- Develop fitness or wellness classes, such as yoga, aerobics, strength training, or aquatics, ensuring a diversity of class offerings.
- Select or supervise contractors, such as event hosts or health, fitness, and wellness practitioners.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ES.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Achievement in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Psychology - Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $86,320 with most people making between $49,050 and $109,920
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 43 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 3 openings due to growth and about 13 replacement openings for approximately 16 total annual openings.