Define, plan, or execute biofuels/biodiesel research programs that evaluate alternative feedstock and process technologies with near-term commercial potential.
- Analytical Research Program Manager
- Biodiesel Division Manager
- Biodiesel Engineering Manager
- Biodiesel Product Development Manager
- Biodiesel Product Manager
- Biodiesel Technology Development Manager
- Biodiesel Technology Manager
- Biofuels Engineering Manager
- Biofuels Manager
- Biofuels Product Development Manager
- Design or conduct applied biodiesel or biofuels research projects on topics such as transport, thermodynamics, mixing, filtration, distillation, fermentation, extraction, and separation.
- Analyze data from biofuels studies, such as fluid dynamics, water treatments, or solvent extraction and recovery processes.
- Prepare, or oversee the preparation of, experimental plans for biofuels research or development.
- Provide technical or scientific guidance to technical staff in the conduct of biofuels research or development.
- Propose new biofuels products, processes, technologies or applications based on findings from applied biofuels or biomass research projects.
- Conduct experiments on biomass or pretreatment technologies.
- Prepare biofuels research and development reports for senior management or technical professionals.
- Develop lab scale models of industrial scale processes, such as fermentation.
- Oversee biodiesel/biofuels prototyping or development projects.
- Develop methods to estimate the efficiency of biomass pretreatments.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Working Conditions and Independence in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Chemistry - Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $128,580 with most people making between $84,750 and $171,590
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 542 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 15 openings due to growth and about 166 replacement openings for approximately 181 total annual openings.