Plan and direct policies, procedures, or systems to prevent the loss of assets. Determine risk exposure or potential liability, and develop risk control measures.
- Area Loss Prevention Manager
- Associate Vice President
- Director-Loss Prevention
- District Loss Prevention Manager
- Logistics Loss Prevention Manager
- Loss Prevention Manager
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Loss Prevention Operations Manager
- Loss Prevention/Safety District Manager
- Loss Prevention Specialist
- Administer systems and programs to reduce loss, maintain inventory control, or increase safety.
- Identify potential for loss and develop strategies to eliminate it.
- Perform or direct inventory investigations in response to shrink results outside of acceptable ranges.
- Coordinate or conduct internal investigations of problems such as employee theft and violations of corporate loss prevention policies.
- Investigate or interview individuals suspected of shoplifting or internal theft.
- Supervise surveillance, detection, or criminal processing related to theft and criminal cases.
- Train loss prevention staff, retail managers, or store employees on loss control and prevention measures.
- Monitor compliance to operational, safety, or inventory control procedures, including physical security standards.
- Hire or supervise loss-prevention staff.
- Visit stores to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $110,850 with most people making between $60,380 and $161,420
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 3,986 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 143 openings due to growth and about 879 replacement openings for approximately 1,022 total annual openings.