Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Civil Rights Representative
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Compliance Analyst
- Compliance Coordinator
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: SEC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Social interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Achievement and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sociology and Anthropology - Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $65,680 with most people making between $35,710 and $99,520
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,130 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 159 replacement openings for approximately 159 total annual openings.
- Training and Development Managers
- Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Human Resources Specialists
- Training and Development Specialists
- Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators
- Instructional Coordinators
- First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers