Recruit and hire seasonal or temporary agricultural laborers. May transport, house, and provide meals for workers.
- Crew Leader
- Farm Contractor
- Farm Crew Leader
- Farm Crew Member
- Farm Labor Contractor
- Field Crop Harvest Contractor
- Field Manager
- Field Supervisor
- Harvest Contractor
- Harvesting Contractor
- Pay wages of contracted farm laborers.
- Provide food, drinking water, and field sanitation facilities to contracted workers.
- Recruit and hire agricultural workers.
- Direct and transport workers to appropriate work sites.
- Employ foremen to deal directly with workers when recruiting, hiring, instructing, assigning tasks, and enforcing work rules.
- Supervise the work of contracted employees.
- Furnish tools for employee use.
- Provide check-cashing services to employees.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ERS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Realistic and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Recognition in their jobs.
- Foreign Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of a foreign (non-English) language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, and pronunciation.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
Kansas City, MO-KS wage information is not available
Kansas City, MO-KS projection information is not available
- Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- Amusement and Recreation Attendants
- Parts Salespersons
- Retail Salespersons
- Travel Agents
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand