Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for an organization. May design and produce promotional materials. May also raise awareness of the organization's work, goals, and financial needs.
- Annual Giving Officer
- Campaign Fundraiser
- Capital Campaign Fundraiser
- Chief Fundraising Officer
- Community Fundraiser
- Development Associate
- Development Director
- Development Officer
- Director of Capital Giving
- Director of Development
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Write and send letters of thanks to donors.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Create or update donor databases.
- Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
- Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
- Solicit cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, business, or government donors.
- Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECA.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Artistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $51,460 with most people making between $31,780 and $79,760
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 371 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 48 openings due to growth and about 52 replacement openings for approximately 100 total annual openings.