Implement and administer enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents.
- Business Process Analyst
- Business Records Manager
- Content Specialist
- Content Strategist
- Documentation Analyst
- Documentation Specialist
- Document Control Clerk
- Document Control Coordinator
- Document Control, Electronic Content, and Records Manager
- Conduct needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
- Consult with end users regarding problems in accessing electronic content.
- Monitor regulatory activity to maintain compliance with records and document management laws.
- Assist in determining document management policies to facilitate efficient, legal, and secure access to electronic content.
- Implement electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other information technology specialists.
- Administer document and system access rights and revision control to ensure security of system and integrity of master documents.
- Develop or configure document management system features, such as user interfaces, access profiles, and document workflow procedures.
- Assist in the assessment, acquisition, or deployment of new electronic document management systems.
- Search electronic sources, such as databases or repositories, or manual sources for information.
- Retrieve electronic assets from repository for distribution to users, collecting and returning to repository, if necessary.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: C.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Support and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $88,630 with most people making between $55,980 and $121,050
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,236 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 159 replacement openings for approximately 159 total annual openings.