Create or reproduce hand-made objects for sale and exhibition using a variety of techniques, such as welding, weaving, pottery, and needlecraft.
- Apprentice, Painter, Neckties
- Art Objects Repairer
- Ceramic Artist
- Ceramics Artist
- China Painter
- Create functional or decorative objects by hand, using a variety of methods and materials.
- Cut, shape, fit, join, mold, or otherwise process materials, using hand tools, power tools, or machinery.
- Apply finishes to objects being crafted.
- Develop concepts or creative ideas for craft objects.
- Select materials for use based on strength, color, texture, balance, weight, size, malleability and other characteristics.
- Advertise products and work, using media such as internet advertising and brochures.
- Set specifications for materials, dimensions, and finishes.
- Plan and attend craft shows to market products.
- Create prototypes or models of objects to be crafted.
- Confer with customers to assess customer needs or obtain feedback.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ARE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Artistic interests, but also prefer Realistic and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Fine Arts - Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of music, dance, visual arts, drama, and sculpture.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $32,490 with most people making between $25,450 and $40,180
Kansas City, MO-KS projection information is not available