Operate television, video, or motion picture camera to record images or scenes for various purposes, such as TV broadcasts, advertising, video production, or motion pictures.
- Operate television or motion picture cameras to record scenes for television broadcasts, advertising, or motion pictures.
- Compose and frame each shot, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses, film, filters, and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors.
- Edit video for broadcast productions, including non-linear editing.
- Operate zoom lenses, changing images according to specifications and rehearsal instructions.
- Adjust positions and controls of cameras, printers, and related equipment to change focus, exposure, and lighting.
- Confer with directors, sound and lighting technicians, electricians, and other crew members to discuss assignments and determine filming sequences, desired effects, camera movements, and lighting requirements.
- Download exposed film for shipment to processing labs.
- Set up and perform live shots for broadcast.
- Set up cameras, optical printers, and related equipment to produce photographs and special effects.
- Assemble studio sets and select and arrange cameras, film stock, audio, or lighting equipment to be used during filming.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RA.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Artistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Telecommunications - Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $44,670 with most people making between $20,960 and $71,520
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 80 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 7 replacement openings for approximately 7 total annual openings.
- Mechanical Engineering Technicians
- Surveying Technicians
- Forest and Conservation Technicians
- Museum Technicians and Conservators
- Set and Exhibit Designers
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
- Model Makers, Wood
- Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, and Finishers