Prepare, sterilize, install, or clean laboratory or healthcare equipment. May perform routine laboratory tasks and operate or inspect equipment.
- Bandage Maker
- Central Processing Technician (CPT)
- Central Service Technician (CST)
- Central Sterile Supply Technician (CSS Technician)
- Central Sterile Technician
- Central Sterilization Technician
- Central Supply Processing Department Technician (CSPDT)
- Certified Registered Central Services Technician (CRCST)
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)
- Clinical Laboratory Aide
- Operate and maintain steam autoclaves, keeping records of loads completed, items in loads, and maintenance procedures performed.
- Clean instruments to prepare them for sterilization.
- Record sterilizer test results.
- Organize and assemble routine or specialty surgical instrument trays or other sterilized supplies, filling special requests as needed.
- Examine equipment to detect leaks, worn or loose parts, or other indications of disrepair.
- Report defective equipment to appropriate supervisors or staff.
- Disinfect and sterilize equipment such as respirators, hospital beds, or oxygen or dialysis equipment, using sterilizers, aerators, or washers.
- Maintain records of inventory or equipment usage and order medical instruments or supplies when inventory is low.
- Stock crash carts or other medical supplies.
- Start equipment and observe gauges and equipment operation to detect malfunctions and to ensure equipment is operating to prescribed standards.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Biology - Knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $36,540 with most people making between $25,100 and $49,350
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 208 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 30 openings due to growth and about 43 replacement openings for approximately 73 total annual openings.
- Endoscopy Technicians
- Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers
- Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers
- Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders