Maintain order in courts of law.
- City Bailiff
- County Bailiff
- Court Bailiff
- Court Officer
- Courtroom Deputy
- Court Security Officer
- Deputy Bailiff
- Deputy Sheriff
- Deputy Sheriff, Building Guard
- Screen persons entering courthouse using magnetometers, x-ray machines, and other devices to collect and retain unauthorized firearms and other contraband.
- Escort prisoners to and from courthouse and maintain custody of prisoners during court proceedings.
- Provide jury escort to restaurant and other areas outside of courtroom to prevent jury contact with public.
- Provide security by patrolling interior and exterior of courthouse and escorting judges and other court employees.
- Enforce courtroom rules of behavior and warn persons not to smoke or disturb court procedure.
- Maintain order in courtroom during trial and guard jury from outside contact.
- Guard lodging of sequestered jury.
- Check courtroom for security and cleanliness and assure availability of sundry supplies, such as notepads, for use by judge, jurors, and attorneys.
- Screen, control, and handle evidence and exhibits during court proceedings.
- Report need for police or medical assistance to sheriff's office.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: REC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $39,220 with most people making between $25,450 and $54,500
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 14 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be 14 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 0 replacement openings for approximately 0 total annual openings.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation