Monitor recreational areas, such as pools, beaches, or ski slopes to provide assistance and protection to participants.
- Alpine Patroller
- Aquatics Director
- Aquatics Specialist
- Beach Attendant
- Beach Lifeguard
- Beach Patrol Lieutenant
- Boating Safety Officer
- Bus Monitor
- Cafeteria Monitor
- Certified Ski Patroller
- Examine injured persons and administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and medical supplies and equipment.
- Contact emergency medical personnel in case of serious injury.
- Rescue distressed persons, using rescue techniques and equipment.
- Instruct participants in skiing, swimming, or other recreational activities and provide safety precaution information.
- Patrol or monitor recreational areas such as trails, slopes, or swimming areas, on foot, in vehicles, or from towers.
- Observe activities in assigned areas, using binoculars, to detect hazards, disturbances, or safety infractions.
- Complete and maintain records of weather and beach conditions, emergency medical treatments performed, and other relevant incident information.
- Maintain quality of pool water by testing chemical levels.
- Warn recreational participants of inclement weather, unsafe areas, or illegal conduct.
- Inspect recreational equipment, such as rope tows, T-bars, J-bars, or chair lifts, for safety hazards and damage or wear.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Achievement in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Medicine and Dentistry - Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $19,910 with most people making between $16,750 and $24,190
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 721 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 57 openings due to growth and about 101 replacement openings for approximately 158 total annual openings.