Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Stewardess
- Banquet Supervisor
- Bar Manager
- Bartender Manager
- Cafeteria Manager
- Cafeteria Supervisor
- Canteen Manager
- Cargo Vessel Stewardess
- Perform various financial activities, such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
- Present bills and accept payments.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Perform food preparation and serving duties, such as carving meat, preparing flambe dishes, or serving wine and liquor.
- Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
- Greet and seat guests, and present menus and wine lists.
- Perform personnel actions, such as hiring and firing staff, providing employee orientation and training, and conducting supervisory activities, such as creating work schedules or organizing employee time sheets.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $30,910 with most people making between $19,910 and $44,550
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 3,677 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 329 openings due to growth and about 1,092 replacement openings for approximately 1,421 total annual openings.
- Food Service Managers
- Lodging Managers
- Opticians, Dispensing
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- Parts Salespersons
- First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand