Prepare or serve specialty coffee or other beverages. Serve food such as baked goods or sandwiches to patrons.
- Bar Manager
- Catering Barista
- Coffee Bar Attendant
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee Shop Attendant
- Coffee Sommelier
- Gourmet Coffee Attendant
- Sales Associate
- Receive and process customer payments.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Clean service or seating areas.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
- Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches or salads.
- Set up or restock product displays.
- Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: REC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $21,120 with most people making between $16,830 and $27,380
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 2,217 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 89 openings due to growth and about 1,333 replacement openings for approximately 1,422 total annual openings.