Directly supervise and coordinate activities of personal service workers, such as flight attendants, hairdressers, or caddies.
- Adult Family Home Program Manager
- Airflight Attendants Supervisor
- Airplane Flight Attendant Supervisor
- Animal Trainer Supervisor
- Barber Shop Manager
- Beauty Shop Manager
- Bell Captain
- Bellhop Service Captain
- Bowling Alley Operator
- Caddie Supervisor
- Assign work schedules, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery of service.
- Observe and evaluate workers' appearance and performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications.
- Train workers in proper operational procedures and functions and explain company policies.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding worker performance or services rendered.
- Recruit and hire staff members.
- Inspect work areas or operating equipment to ensure conformance to established standards in areas such as cleanliness or maintenance.
- Collaborate with staff members to plan or develop programs of events, schedules of activities, or menus.
- Meet with managers or other supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations.
- Direct or coordinate the activities of workers, such as flight attendants, hotel staff, or hair stylists.
- Take disciplinary action to address performance problems.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $41,200 with most people making between $23,150 and $63,550
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 865 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 96 openings due to growth and about 164 replacement openings for approximately 260 total annual openings.
- Food Service Managers
- Gaming Managers
- Lodging Managers
- Licensing Examiners and Inspectors
- First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- Residential Advisors
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators