Set up and operate motion picture projection and related sound reproduction equipment.
- Audiovisual Technician
- Booth Manager
- Booth Operator
- Booth Supervisor
- Booth Usher
- Chief Projectionist
- Cinema Operator
- Equipment Operator
- Film Crew Member
- Insert film into top magazine reel, or thread film through a series of sprockets and guide rollers, attaching the end to a take-up reel.
- Start projectors and open shutters to project images onto screens.
- Monitor operations to ensure that standards for sound and image projection quality are met.
- Operate equipment to show films in a number of theaters simultaneously.
- Splice separate film reels, advertisements, and movie trailers together to form a feature-length presentation on one continuous reel.
- Inspect movie films to ensure that they are complete and in good condition.
- Set up and adjust picture projectors and screens to achieve proper size, illumination, and focus of images, and proper volume and tone of sound.
- Project motion pictures onto back screens for inclusion in scenes within film or stage productions.
- Perform regular maintenance tasks such as rotating or replacing xenon bulbs, cleaning lenses, lubricating machinery, and keeping electrical contacts clean and tight.
- Inspect projection equipment prior to operation to ensure proper working order.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Achievement and Independence in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
Kansas City, MO-KS wage information is not available
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 28 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be 22 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 1 openings due to growth and about -1 replacement openings for approximately 0 total annual openings.
- Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Sewing Machine Operators
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Helpers--Production Workers