Assist patrons at entertainment events by performing duties, such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and locating such facilities as rest rooms and telephones.
- Admittance Attendant
- Attractions Associate
- Children's Attendant
- Door Attendant
- Door Captain
- Door Tender
- Drive-in Theater Attendant
- Greet patrons attending entertainment events.
- Operate refreshment stands during intermission or obtain refreshments for press box patrons during performances.
- Count and record number of tickets collected.
- Lead tours and answer visitors' questions about the exhibits.
- Sell or collect admission tickets, passes, or facility memberships from patrons at entertainment events.
- Clean facilities.
- Settle seating disputes or help solve other customer concerns.
- Manage inventory or sale of artist merchandise.
- Examine tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color or date issued.
- Provide assistance with patrons' special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: SCE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Social interests, but also prefer Conventional and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $24,400 with most people making between $17,580 and $31,580
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 949 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 3 openings due to growth and about 598 replacement openings for approximately 601 total annual openings.
- Crossing Guards
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Waiters and Waitresses
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Counter and Rental Clerks
- Couriers and Messengers