Provide personal items to patrons or customers in locker rooms, dressing rooms, or coatrooms.
- Clean and polish footwear, using brushes, sponges, cleaning fluid, polishes, waxes, liquid or sole dressing, and daubers.
- Provide towels and sheets to clients in public baths, steam rooms, and restrooms.
- Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
- Assign dressing room facilities, locker space, or clothing containers to patrons of athletic or bathing establishments.
- Check supplies to ensure adequate availability, and order new supplies when necessary.
- Monitor patrons' facility use to ensure that rules and regulations are followed, and safety and order are maintained.
- Procure beverages, food, and other items as requested.
- Clean facilities such as floors or locker rooms.
- Collect soiled linen or clothing for laundering.
- Answer customer inquiries or explain cost, availability, policies, and procedures of facilities.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: SEC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Social interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $23,860 with most people making between $17,720 and $31,450
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 58 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be 62 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 3 openings due to growth and about 1 replacement openings for approximately 4 total annual openings.