Shampoo and rinse customers' hair.
- Apprentice Cosmetologist
- Apprentice Stylist
- Assistant Hairstylist
- Hair Assistant
- Hair Designer
- Hair Stylist
- Salon Shampoo Assistant
- Scalp Treatment Operator
- Massage, shampoo, and condition patron's hair and scalp to clean them and remove excess oil.
- Advise patrons with chronic or potentially contagious scalp conditions to seek medical treatment.
- Maintain treatment records.
- Treat scalp conditions and hair loss, using specialized lotions, shampoos, or equipment such as infrared lamps or vibrating equipment.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: REC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Achievement in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Chemistry - Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
Kansas City, MO-KS wage information is not available
Kansas City, MO-KS projection information is not available
- Food Preparation Workers
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Library Assistants, Clerical
- Stock Clerks, Sales Floor
- Packers and Packagers, Hand