Sell financial services, such as loan, tax, and securities counseling to customers of financial institutions and business establishments.
- Determine customers' financial services needs and prepare proposals to sell services that address these needs.
- Prepare forms or agreements to complete sales.
- Sell services or equipment, such as trusts, investments, or check processing services.
- Contact prospective customers to present information and explain available services.
- Develop prospects from current commercial customers, referral leads, or sales or trade meetings.
- Evaluate costs and revenue of agreements to determine continued profitability.
- Review business trends to advise customers regarding expected fluctuations.
- Make presentations on financial services to groups to attract new clients.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Working Conditions, but also value Achievement and Relationships in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $97,460
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 630 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 3 openings due to growth and about 109 replacement openings for approximately 112 total annual openings.
- Marketing Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Transportation Managers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Supply Chain Managers
- Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Insurance Sales Agents
- First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers