Buy or sell energy products on the behalf of residential or commercial customers or utilities. Negotiate and oversee contracts for energy sales.
- Account Administrator
- Account Executive
- Account Leader
- Account Manager
- Client Administrator
- Client Service Associate
- Commodities Broker
- Customer Energy Specialist
- Price energy based on market conditions.
- Negotiate prices or contracts for energy sales or purchases.
- Facilitate the delivery or receipt of wholesale power or retail load scheduling.
- Forecast energy supply and demand to minimize costs and maximize availability.
- Purchase or sell energy or energy derivatives for customers.
- Contact prospective buyers or sellers of power to arrange transactions.
- Monitor the flow of energy in response to changes in consumer demand.
- Create product packages based on assessment of customers' needs.
- Answer customer questions related to energy sales procedures, energy markets, or alternative energy sources.
- Explain contracts or related documents to customers.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Achievement and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $69,920 with most people making between $29,540 and $125,390
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 2,912 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 196 openings due to growth and about 620 replacement openings for approximately 816 total annual openings.