Demonstrate merchandise and answer questions for the purpose of creating public interest in buying the product. May sell demonstrated merchandise.
- Appliance Counselor
- Bell Ringer
- Brand Ambassador
- Demonstrator Sales
- Demo Specialist
- Electric-Gas Appliances Demonstrator
- Event Specialist
- Event Staff Member
- Provide product samples, coupons, informational brochures, or other incentives to persuade people to buy products.
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales.
- Keep areas neat while working and return items to correct locations following demonstrations.
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Record and report demonstration-related information, such as the number of questions asked by the audience or the number of coupons distributed.
- Suggest specific product purchases to meet customers' needs.
- Research or investigate products to be presented to prepare for demonstrations.
- Set up and arrange displays or demonstration areas to attract the attention of prospective customers.
- Identify interested and qualified customers to provide them with additional information.
- Visit trade shows, stores, community organizations, or other venues to demonstrate products or services or to answer questions from potential customers.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Recognition in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $25,300 with most people making between $16,460 and $41,470
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 131 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 7 openings due to growth and about 39 replacement openings for approximately 46 total annual openings.
- Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products
- Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products
- Manicurists and Pedicurists
- Parts Salespersons
- Travel Agents
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Office Clerks, General