Model garments or other apparel and accessories for prospective buyers at fashion shows, private showings, or retail establishments. May pose for photos to be used in magazines or advertisements. May pose as subject for paintings, sculptures, and other types of artistic expression.
- Agency Director
- Art Class Model
- Artist's Model
- Art Model
- Character Impersonator
- Clothes Model
- Fashion Model
- Figure Model
- Record rates of pay and durations of jobs on vouchers.
- Report job completions to agencies and obtain information about future appointments.
- Pose for artists and photographers.
- Gather information from agents concerning the pay, dates, times, provisions, and lengths of jobs.
- Assemble and maintain portfolios, print composite cards, and travel to go-sees to obtain jobs.
- Work closely with photographers, fashion coordinators, directors, producers, stylists, make-up artists, other models, and clients to produce the desired looks, and to finish photo shoots on schedule.
- Apply makeup to face and style hair to enhance appearance, considering such factors as color, camera techniques, and facial features.
- Follow strict routines of diet, sleep, and exercise to maintain appearance.
- Display clothing and merchandise in commercials, advertisements, or fashion shows.
- Promote products and services in television commercials, on film, or in videos.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: AER.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Artistic interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Recognition and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Fine Arts - Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of music, dance, visual arts, drama, and sculpture.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Kansas City, MO-KS wage information is not available
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 14 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be 16 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 2 replacement openings for approximately 2 total annual openings.
- Floral Designers
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Waiters and Waitresses
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Amusement and Recreation Attendants
- Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Funeral Attendants
- Door-To-Door Sales Workers, News and Street Vendors, and Related Workers
- Couriers and Messengers
- Stock Clerks, Sales Floor