Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of clerical and administrative support workers.
- Word Processing Supervisor
- Weigh Boss
- Warranty Manager
- Warranty Administrator
- Ward Service Supervisor
- Want Ad Supervisor
- Underwriting Clerks Supervisor
- Typists Supervisor
- Typing Section Chief
- Typing Pool Supervisor
- Supervise the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Resolve customer complaints or answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Review records or reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, or shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, or evaluate performance.
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for office or administrative staff.
- Recruit, interview, and select employees.
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
- Develop work schedules according to budgets and workloads.
- Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $58,760 with most people making between $35,880 and $83,980
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 5,410 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 358 openings due to growth and about 817 replacement openings for approximately 1,175 total annual openings.
- Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Human Resources Specialists
- Loan Officers
- Public Relations Specialists
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Sales Agents, Financial Services