Compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records. May involve use of computer or typewriter, calculator, and adding and bookkeeping machines.
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounts Manager
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Bill Checker
- Bill Clerk
- Billing Analyst
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Answer mail or telephone inquiries regarding rates, routing, or procedures.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Type billing documents, shipping labels, credit memorandums, or credit forms, using typewriters or computers.
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Review documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records to compute fees or charges due.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $39,590 with most people making between $27,880 and $51,840
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,704 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 143 openings due to growth and about 356 replacement openings for approximately 499 total annual openings.