Investigate history and credit standing of individuals or business establishments applying for credit. Telephone or write to credit departments of business and service establishments to obtain information about applicant's credit standing.
- Accounts Receivable Manager
- Branch Manager
- Business Manager
- Call Out Operator
- Commercial Credit Head
- Commercial Credit Lead
- Commercial Credit Reviewer
- Commercial Loan Reviewer
- Credit Administrator
- Credit Analyst
- Compile and analyze credit information gathered by investigation.
- Contact former employers and other acquaintances to verify applicants' references, employment, health history, and social behavior.
- Obtain information about potential creditors from banks, credit bureaus, and other credit services, and provide reciprocal information if requested.
- Interview credit applicants by telephone or in person to obtain personal and financial data needed to complete credit report.
- Examine city directories and public records to verify residence property ownership, bankruptcies, liens, arrest record, or unpaid taxes of applicants.
- Prepare reports of findings and recommendations, using typewriters or computers.
- Relay credit report information to subscribers by mail or by telephone.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $40,020 with most people making between $27,390 and $57,300
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 99 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 8 replacement openings for approximately 8 total annual openings.
- Statement Clerks
- Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerks
- Correspondence Clerks
- Customer Service Representatives
- Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Cargo and Freight Agents
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Insurance Policy Processing Clerks