Interview persons by telephone, mail, in person, or by other means for the purpose of completing forms, applications, or questionnaires. Ask specific questions, record answers, and assist persons with completing form. May sort, classify, and file forms.
- Ask questions in accordance with instructions to obtain various specified information, such as person's name, address, age, religious preference, or state of residency.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Contact individuals to be interviewed at home, place of business, or field location, by telephone, mail, or in person.
- Compile, record, and code results or data from interview or survey, using computer or specified form.
- Review data obtained from interview for completeness and accuracy.
- Explain survey objectives and procedures to interviewees and interpret survey questions to help interviewees' comprehension.
- Assist individuals in filling out applications or questionnaires.
- Supervise or train other staff members.
- Perform office duties, such as telemarketing or customer service inquiries, maintaining staff records, billing patients, or receiving payments.
- Perform patient services, such as answering the telephone or assisting patients with financial or medical questions.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CES.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Telecommunications - Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $35,510 with most people making between $24,350 and $49,690
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,364 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 50 openings due to growth and about 311 replacement openings for approximately 361 total annual openings.
- Customer Service Representatives
- Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- New Accounts Clerks
- Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Insurance Claims Clerks
- Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Office Clerks, General