Print and attach price tickets to articles of merchandise using one or several methods, such as marking price on tickets by hand or using ticket-printing machine.
- Back Up Scan Coordinator
- Grey Goods Marker
- Grocery Clerk, Marking
- In Store Marketing Associate (ISM Associate)
- Inventory and Pricing Associate
- Label Maker
- Marking Clerk
- Merchandise Marker
- Price Accuracy Supervisor
- Put price information on tickets, marking by hand or using ticket-printing machine.
- Compare printed price tickets with entries on purchase orders to verify accuracy and notify supervisor of discrepancies.
- Record number and types of articles marked and pack articles in boxes.
- Pin, paste, sew, tie, or staple tickets, tags, or labels to article.
- Mark selling price by hand on boxes containing merchandise.
- Record price, buyer, and grade of product on tickets attached to products auctioned.
- Keep records of production, returned goods, and related transactions.
- Indicate item size, style, color, and inspection results on tags, tickets, and labels, using rubber stamp or writing instrument.
- Change the price of books in a warehouse.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CRE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Realistic and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $28,220 with most people making between $19,970 and $40,090
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 7,116 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 238 openings due to growth and about 2,259 replacement openings for approximately 2,497 total annual openings.
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Food Preparation Workers
- File Clerks
- Postal Service Mail Sorters, Processors, and Processing Machine Operators
- Stock Clerks- Stockroom, Warehouse, or Storage Yard
- Order Fillers, Wholesale and Retail Sales
- Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand