Directly supervise and coordinate activities of logging workers.
- Monitor workers to ensure that safety regulations are followed, warning or disciplining those who violate safety regulations.
- Monitor logging operations to identify and solve problems, improve work methods, and ensure compliance with safety, company, and government regulations.
- Change logging operations or methods to eliminate unsafe conditions.
- Train workers in tree felling or bucking, operation of tractors or loading machines, yarding or loading techniques, or safety regulations.
- Assign to workers duties such as trees to be cut, cutting sequences and specifications, or loading of trucks, railcars, or rafts.
- Supervise or coordinate the activities of workers engaged in logging operations or silvicultural operations.
- Plan or schedule logging operations, such as felling or bucking trees or grading, sorting, yarding, or loading logs.
- Determine logging operation methods, crew sizes, or equipment requirements, conferring with mill, company, or forestry officials as necessary.
- Communicate with forestry personnel regarding forest harvesting or forest management plans, procedures, or schedules.
- Coordinate dismantling, moving, and setting up equipment at new work sites.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ERC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Realistic and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Relationships and Support in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $49,250 with most people making between $25,340 and $76,640
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 31 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be 31 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 0 replacement openings for approximately 0 total annual openings.
- Forest and Conservation Technicians
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Agricultural Crop and Horticultural Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- Ship and Boat Captains
- Mates- Ship, Boat, and Barge