Install, service, or repair automatic door mechanisms and hydraulic doors. Includes garage door mechanics.
- Automated Access Systems Technician
- Automatic Door Mechanic
- Commercial Door Installer
- Commercial Installer
- Door Closer Mechanic
- Door Installer
- Door Repairman
- Door Serviceman
- Door Technician
- Exterior Door Installer
- Wind large springs with upward motion of arm.
- Adjust doors to open or close with the correct amount of effort or make simple adjustments to electric openers.
- Order replacement springs, sections, or slats.
- Carry springs to tops of doors, using ladders or scaffolding, and attach springs to tracks to install spring systems.
- Repair or replace worn or broken door parts, using hand tools.
- Complete required paperwork, such as work orders, according to services performed or required.
- Fasten angle iron back-hangers to ceilings and tracks, using fasteners or welding equipment.
- Collect payment upon job completion.
- Install door frames, rails, steel rolling curtains, electronic-eye mechanisms, or electric door openers and closers, using power tools, hand tools, and electronic test equipment.
- Inspect job sites, assessing headroom, side room, or other conditions to determine appropriateness of door for a given location.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: R.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $54,040 with most people making between $32,250 and $79,700
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately -1 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be -1 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about -1 replacement openings for approximately -1 total annual openings.
- Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Recreational Vehicle Service Technicians
- Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
- Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators