Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and processing machinery or refinery and pipeline distribution systems.
- X Ray Equipment Mechanic
- Wire Repairer
- Winder Fixer
- Wind Tunnel Mechanic
- Wheel and Caster Repairer
- Wet Process Head Miller
- Welding, Brazing, and Burning Machine Repairer
- Welding Systems and Equipment Repairer
- Welding Equipment Repairer
- Wax Pattern Repairer
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Record parts or materials used and order or requisition new parts or materials as necessary.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RIC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Investigative and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $54,390 with most people making between $34,310 and $78,830
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 798 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 167 openings due to growth and about 207 replacement openings for approximately 374 total annual openings.
- Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Elevator Installers and Repairers
- Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers
- Medical Equipment Repairers
- Gas Plant Operators