Install, service, adjust, or repair coin, vending, or amusement machines including video games, juke boxes, pinball machines, or slot machines.
- Amusement Machine Mechanic
- Arcade Games Mechanic
- Arcade Game Technician
- Arcade Technician
- ATM Mechanic (Automatic Teller Machine Mechanic)
- ATM Technician (Automated Teller Machine Technician)
- Automatic Coin Machine Mechanic
- Automatic Teller Machine Servicer
- Bank Teller Machine Mechanic
- Cigarette Machine Filler
- Keep records of merchandise distributed and money collected.
- Fill machines with products, ingredients, money, and other supplies.
- Inspect machines and meters to determine causes of malfunctions and fix minor problems such as jammed bills or stuck products.
- Collect coins and bills from machines, prepare invoices, and settle accounts with concessionaires.
- Test machines to determine proper functioning.
- Make service calls to maintain and repair machines.
- Replace malfunctioning parts, such as worn magnetic heads on automatic teller machine (ATM) card readers.
- Adjust machine pressure gauges and thermostats.
- Maintain records of machine maintenance and repair.
- Clean and oil machine parts.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Support in their jobs.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $31,280 with most people making between $19,700 and $48,380
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 102 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 13 replacement openings for approximately 13 total annual openings.
- Medical Equipment Preparers
- Forest and Conservation Workers
- Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators