Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
- Watch Manufacturing Supervisor
- Wastewater Treatment Supervisor
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor
- Washing and Screening Plant Supervisor
- Wash House Supervisor
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Warehouse and Receiving Supervisor
- Wall Mirror Department Supervisor
- Veneer Supervisor
- Veneer Department Manager
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, or fabricators.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ERC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Realistic and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Support and Achievement in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $60,700 with most people making between $34,980 and $91,870
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 2,198 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 347 replacement openings for approximately 347 total annual openings.
- Nursery and Greenhouse Managers
- Food Service Managers
- Forest Fire Fighting and Prevention Supervisors
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Mates- Ship, Boat, and Barge