Assemble or modify electromechanical equipment or devices, such as servomechanisms, gyros, dynamometers, magnetic drums, tape drives, brakes, control linkage, actuators, and appliances.
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
- Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications.
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and verniers.
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units.
- Attach name plates and mark identifying information on parts.
- File, lap, and buff parts to fit, using hand and power tools.
- Disassemble units to replace parts or to crate them for shipping.
- Clean and lubricate parts and subassemblies, using grease paddles or oilcans.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $25,670 with most people making between $20,290 and $33,040
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately -1 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be -1 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about -1 replacement openings for approximately -1 total annual openings.
- Agricultural Technicians
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Semiconductor Processors
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders