Set up and operate equipment that mixes or blends ingredients used in the manufacturing of food products. Includes candy makers and cheese makers.
- Record production and test data for each food product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Mix or blend ingredients, according to recipes, using a paddle or an agitator, or by controlling vats that heat and mix ingredients.
- Clean and sterilize vats and factory processing areas.
- Select and measure or weigh ingredients, using English or metric measures and balance scales.
- Fill processing or cooking containers, such as kettles, rotating cookers, pressure cookers, or vats, with ingredients, by opening valves, by starting pumps or injectors, or by hand.
- Grade food products according to government regulations or according to type, color, bouquet, and moisture content.
- Turn valve controls to start equipment and to adjust operation to maintain product quality.
- Modify cooking and forming operations based on the results of sampling processes, adjusting time cycles and ingredients to achieve desired qualities, such as firmness or texture.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2018, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $35,590 with most people making between $22,290 and $50,650
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 173 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 2 openings due to growth and about 37 replacement openings for approximately 39 total annual openings.
- Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Semiconductor Processors
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders