Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers.
- Agency Operator
- Aircraft Cleaning Supervisor
- Boat and Plant Utility Supervisor
- Building Materials or Lumber Yard Supervisor
- Car Cleaning Supervisor
- Carpenter Labor Supervisor
- Car Wash Supervisor
- Chute Boss
- Circus Supervisor
- Circus Train Supervisor
- Maintain a safe working environment by monitoring safety procedures and equipment.
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded or problems encountered.
- Examine freight to determine loading sequences.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
- Transmit and explain work orders to laborers.
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
- Inspect equipment for wear and for conformance to specifications.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ERC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Realistic and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Relationships in their jobs.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $47,970 with most people making between $31,400 and $67,650
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 659 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 26 openings due to growth and about 211 replacement openings for approximately 237 total annual openings.
- Nursery and Greenhouse Managers
- Lodging Managers
- Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
- First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Aquacultural Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers