Drive ambulance or assist ambulance driver in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons. Assist in lifting patients.
- Remove and replace soiled linens or equipment to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Drive ambulances or assist ambulance drivers in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons.
- Report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
- Place patients on stretchers and load stretchers into ambulances, usually with assistance from other attendants.
- Accompany and assist emergency medical technicians on calls.
- Replace supplies and disposable items on ambulances.
- Perform minor maintenance on emergency medical services vehicles, such as ambulances.
- Clean and wash rigs, ambulances, or equipment.
- Earn and maintain appropriate certifications.
- Administer first aid, such as bandaging, splinting, or administering oxygen.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2015, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $32,310 with most people making between $22,110 and $46,790
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately -1 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be -1 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about -1 replacement openings for approximately -1 total annual openings.
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Radiologic Technicians
- Home Health Aides
- Physical Therapist Aides
- Dental Assistants
- Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Municipal Firefighters
- Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
- Bus Drivers, School or Special Client