Drive truck or other vehicle over established routes or within an established territory and sell or deliver goods, such as food products, including restaurant take-out items, or pick up or deliver items such as commercial laundry. May also take orders, collect payment, or stock merchandise at point of delivery. Includes newspaper delivery drivers.
- Any Commodity Sales Deliverer
- Bakery Deliverer
- Bread Distributor
- Bread Jockey
- Catering Driver
- City Route Driver
- City Routeman
- Coal Deliverer
- Collect money from customers, make change, and record transactions on customer receipts.
- Drive trucks to deliver such items as food, medical supplies, or newspapers.
- Write customer orders and sales contracts according to company guidelines.
- Inform regular customers of new products or services and price changes.
- Record sales or delivery information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Call on prospective customers to explain company services or to solicit new business.
- Arrange merchandise and sales promotion displays or issue sales promotion materials to customers.
- Listen to and resolve customers' complaints regarding products or services.
- Maintain trucks and food-dispensing equipment and clean inside of machines that dispense food or beverages.
- Review lists of dealers, customers, or station drops and load trucks.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Relationships in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Kansas City, MO-KS was $29,560 with most people making between $17,210 and $50,340
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,736 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 87 openings due to growth and about 295 replacement openings for approximately 382 total annual openings.
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Couriers and Messengers
- Meter Readers, Utilities
- Postal Service Mail Carriers
- Tile and Marble Setters
- Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
- Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
- Bridge and Lock Tenders
- Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
- Transportation Attendants, Except Flight Attendants