Operate steam, gas, electric motor, or internal combustion engine driven compressors. Transmit, compress, or recover gases, such as butane, nitrogen, hydrogen, and natural gas.
- Acetylene Gas Compressor
- Butadiene Compressor Operator
- Butane Compressor Operator
- Compressor Engineer
- Compressor Operator
- Compressor Station Operator
- Compressor Technician
- Corrosion Technician
- Fill Plant Operator
- Monitor meters and pressure gauges to determine consumption rate variations, temperatures, and pressures.
- Respond to problems by adjusting control room equipment or instructing other personnel to adjust equipment at problem locations or in other control areas.
- Record instrument readings and operational changes in operating logs.
- Adjust valves and equipment to obtain specified performance.
- Move controls and turn valves to start compressor engines, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
- Operate power-driven pumps that transfer liquids, semi-liquids, gases, or powdered materials.
- Submit daily reports on facility operations.
- Take samples of gases and conduct chemical tests to determine gas quality and sulfur or moisture content, or send samples to laboratories for analysis.
- Read gas meters, and maintain records of the amounts of gas received and dispensed from holders.
- Turn knobs or switches to regulate pressures.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Chemistry - Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
Kansas City, MO-KS wage information is not available
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 30 people in Kansas City, MO-KS. It is projected that there will be 28 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 1 openings due to growth and about -1 replacement openings for approximately 0 total annual openings.
- Sheet Metal Workers
- Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
- Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Printing Press Operators
- Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators